It’s been a week since the Kindle launch of Through the Door
, and here’s what’s been going on:
- - I gave away 50 copies of the book through Facebook, Twitter, my newsletter and the blog. I’m giving away another 50 through LibraryThing, so if you’re a member there and didn’t get a free copy in the first round, go ahead and request it! All I ask is that you leave a review if you like it. Through the Door is also up on Goodreads and Shelfari – if you belong to these communities, check it out!
- - I obsessively watched my Amazon stats. Really need to stop doing that. (Excuse me for a moment while I go hit refresh — yay! Another 3 copies sold!)
- - I started running Facebook ads. I love Facebook ads. Right now English-speaking women between the ages of 16 and 60 who like Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series are kicking ass. And did you know there are over 4 million women between the ages of 25 and 50 in the United States alone who like Twilight? Fascinating.
- - We started getting the book ready for print production. We’re sending the print files off this week, and you should be able to order it on Amazon, BN.com, and through your local bookstore by late July/early August.
- - I tested the video trailer with some members of my target audience. The film crew are back from their month in India this week so hopefully soon we’ll have the video polished and ready to go!
- - Through the Door got some great reviews! Check out the Amazon page to read some of them (and leave your own if you’ve read it!). Also, check out this review by Heather Ann Kaldeway. Here’s one of my favourite bits:
It almost feels like a mash-up between Neil Gaiman and Alice Munro, which clearly needed to happen
. These are actual strong female characters (as opposed to Strong Female Characters
This week’s goals: send the print version into production, request reviews from a thousand book blogs (okay, maybe half a dozen to start), and write a blog post about something other than the book. =) Oh, and maybe – just maybe – START BOOK #2